Transition/Paddle board versions info

Hi,
In order to clarify the differences in the versions of the transition and
paddle boards, I've put together the following list, which should help solve
any compatibility questions/problems.

Paddle Boards:

   - BC-003 Rev.1:  This board will work with the VME58-8 only.

   - BC-003 Rev.2:  Also works with the VME58-8 only.

   - BC-003 Rev.3:  This board was designed to work with the VME58-8 AND the
                    VME58-4E.

   - 96PC059:  This board was designed by the ASD Controls group.  It will
               work only with the VME8 board.

   Note: As of now, there is no version that supports the VME44 (the
         predecessor to the VME58-4E).  If there is enough interest, we will
         do this board.  If not, we'll have to kludge an existing paddle
         board when an interface to the VME44 is needed.

Transition Boards:

   - BC-005 Rev.0:  Will work with any of the above paddle boards and their
                    associated controller board.

   - BC-005 Rev.1:  Also compatible with all of the paddle boards.  The main
                    Difference between versions is the addition of the E-
                    Stop input on rev.1.

If there are any further questions, problems or concerns, please let me know.

Kurt Goetze
APS/XFD/Beamline Controls
goetze@aps.anl.gov