Motor connectors

    Folks,

I asked at the workshop if there was a standard motor connector that we could
all agree to use. Tim Mooney replied that it was in the list of standard
components.

I have looked pretty carefully through the latest beamline standard components
document:

'BEAMLINE STATNDARD COMPONENTS DESIGN REVIEW (WBS 1.4.1.5)' dated January
10-11, 1994 and I see no mention of connectors.

I have also searched the Design Exchange on ANLAPS under PUB (public designs)
and STA (standard designs). Menu items 10 and 11 in these are
    10  Stepper Drives/Controllers
    11  Interlocks-Interfaces

Neither of these contain ANY information about ANYTHING.

I know that Tim Mooney has recommended a motor connector for SRI-CAT
(ADVANTAGE from Molex). However, CARS has recommended a different connector to
the Beamline Standard Components Committee, and I don't believe either has
been officially blessed by any committee which has CAT representation.

I would like to suggest that the Beamline Hardware subcommittee (Karen
Coulter?) address this issue soon and make real comparison of the
competing standards.

                                   Mark