autosave/restore software fails

Did anyone else have a problem with the
EPICS autosave/restore not recovering
parameters properly after the recent
power outage?

We had some _significant_ troubles both this
and the last time there was a power failure.
(some motor positions or settings not recovered
while others restored OK -- not uniformly good or bad)

We've had other problems with autosave/restore
over the years and consider the autosave/restore
software to be flaky at best, 'problematic' if
one chooses to be more diplomatic.

If APS wants to collect information about lost
beam time on beam lines due to one reason or
another, then our problems with autosave/restore
would raise the attention of APS management
to such level that autosave/restore would be improved.

This software costs us valuable beam time.

Pete Jemian
UNICAT