Seeking image analysis/processing software in IDL

We are seeking image analysis/processing software written in IDL to be used
for analysis of CCD images from experiments at the APS. Please advise me
(dejus@aps.anl.gov) of such routines that you know of, or have written
yourself (or useful links on the web; already checked most of the links at
the RSI website).

Essential features we are looking for include:
- being able to define variable regions of interest ROIs (annular regions
may be important, i.e., areas between two concentric circles)
- apply mathematical point operations on those regions (background
substraction, sensitivity calibration, integration ...).
- compare two images side by side, for example, we are expecting to measure
intensity gain and will divide two images (for selected ROIs); displaying
the result next to the two original images)
- being able to display several images simultaneously (we are measuring
images at a rate of about 1 per second 768x480 pixels, 8 bits; not all will
be displayed, most of them will be buffered/saved to disk)
- should be interactive (being able to use the mouse to get the cursor
position, intensity, and define ROIs)
- should allow for line contour plots (line out chosen by cursor)
- should be GUI driven

We expect to do IDL programming as needed, however, it is appreciated if we
are able to use already-written IDL routines as a starting point. Please
e-mail me (or call me: 2-9163) if you have any routines/information we can
use (not necessarily containing the features above).

Regards, Roger Dejus (dejus@aps.anl.gov).