RE: Seeking image analysis/processing software in IDL

Roger,

> We are seeking image analysis/processing software written in IDL to be used
> for analysis of CCD images from experiments at the APS. Please advise me
> (dejus@aps.anl.gov) of such routines that you know of, or have written
> yourself (or useful links on the web; already checked most of the links at
> the RSI website).

I don't have anything as extensive as what you are looking for.  However, I do
have the following IDL procedures which are useful for CCD images:

- READ_PMIS.PRO        ; Reads Photometrics format CCD files (.PMI)
- READ_PRINCETON.PRO   ; Read Princeton Instruments format CCD files (.SPE)
- READ_SIEMENS.PRO     ; Reads Siemens (Bruker) format CCD files

- IMAGE_DISPLAY.PRO    ; An object-oriented image display tool.  Interactive
                       ; pan, scroll, zoom.  Live display of cursor position
                       ; and data, live plotting of row/column profiles
- DETECT_2D_PEAKS.PRO  ; Simple GUI program to detect and locate spots (e.g.
                       ; diffraction peaks) in an image

I also have software for tomography reconstruction of projection images taken
with CCD cameras.

IMAGE_DISPLAY may be a starting point for what you want.  I would suspect that
there may be better starting points in the stuff available on the Web.

Mark Rivers