status check

Dear folks,

I'm supposed to describe APS beamline controls at the upcoming EPICS-collaboration
meeting, and to some folks developing for BESSY II beamlines.  (Everyone assumes
that *somebody* knows the state of beamline controls in general at APS.  I hate to
disappoint, so I'm trying to get a overall sense.)

Could you briefly describe where your CAT is in beamline control, for example

what software, hardware, and techniques are in use

what considerations went into those choices

what things are working, under development, planned

what kinds of data are being acquired at what rates

what's needed

what other questions should I have asked

Also, if you have a message you want me to take to this meeting, let me know.

Tim Mooney (mooney@aps.anl.gov) (630)252-5417
Beamline Controls & Data Acquisition Group
Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Lab