Step-Pak Info

Dear Step-Pak users,

I recently spoke with Leo Bric of Advanced Control Systems, the makers
of our beloved Step-Pak stepper motor drive systems.  A new module is
being developed for the 'standard' SPR-9 rack-mount enclosure.  This
is a bipolar full/half step driver that will be available next month
(at the earliest).  In addition, Leo was wondering if there would be
much interest from the APS in the following modules for the SPR-9 system:

- Micro stepping driver that uses a linear supply:  This would result
  in much lower noise emissions than the SPD-3M (chopper) design.  A
  linear supply is less efficient, though.

- Low-power 'cheap' unipolar drive:  This would be a 3A version of the
  ubiquitous SPD-6U drive, at about half the price.

This is all I know about these new designs.  If any of you are interested
in having these developed or have questions about them (or would like to
try to influence his design decisions!), please give Leo a call at (781)
740-0223.

Kurt Goetze