Re: HPSS

Bill:

We will be installing HPSS within the Center for Computational Science
and Technology (run by the Mathematics and Computer Science Division)
at Argonne.  We'd be happy to talk to people with an interest in HPSS.

We expect to make considerable use of HPSS within a DOE 'grand challenge'
project concerned with supercomputer analysis of APS data: see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/xray for details.

Regards -- Ian.

At 09:00 AM 4/1/98 -0600, Bill McDowell wrote:

>Is anyone in this community planning to use The High Performance
>Storage System (HPSS)?
>
>This software, developed by IBM in cooperation with several National
>Labs, concentrates on meeting the high end of storage system and data
>management requirements, HPSS is scalable and designed for large
>storage capacities, and to use network-connected storage devices to
>transfer data at rates up to multiple gigabytes per second.
>

>Bill McDowell

Ian Foster                                    Tel: 630 252 4619
Mathematics & Computer Science                Fax: 630 252 5986
Argonne National Laboratory                  Home: 773 493 7664
Argonne, IL 60439                       U.Chicago: 773 702 3487
U.S.A.                     http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/foster