Fiber Terminations for Beamlines

We are getting ready to switch over to 100 Mbs Ethernet and are looking
for ways of getting out to the experimental floor.  We have fiber
running out there now, but only a few connections are terminated.
We are toying with trying to terminate the fiber ourselves.  Does anyone
have experience with the optimax connector which bills itself as a
no polishing and no bonding connector?  The connectors are about 15
dollars a piece but the labor savings seems to be significant.

- John

---
John Quintana                              Phone:630-252-0223
Northwestern University                    FAX: 630-252-0226
DND-CAT                                    email: jpq@nwu.edu
APS/ANL Building 432/A003
9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439