Front connector on VME58-8

We have been using the OMS VME58-8 to controll ACS step packs using
the standard APS design involving Kurt Goetz' paddle board break out
and then running individual DB-25 cables to the indexer on the ACS
driver crate.  I have recently heard from Leo Brick that he can supply
an indexer which accepts the 100 wire cable from the front of the
VME58-8 directly.  This does not have the noise isolation which Kurt
put in the paddle boards, but since we plan to put both the
controllers and drivers in the same rack I expect that this won't be a
problem.  Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?

Larry
--
Laurence Lurio
APS/ANL