Mistake in Motor Cable Wiri

                       Subject:                                Time: 11:45 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Mistake in Motor Cable Wiring           Date: 12/2/96

Thanks to Mark Rivers of CARS for reporting an error in the published motor
cabling tables.  While verifying Mark's observations, I found that some of the
cables in use by my group were, in fact, changed but nobody told me!  He is
indeed correct - the Web page is wrong.

The mistake is in the wiring of Elco connectors to the older connector Klinger
supplied with their stages, called a Joerger connector.  It appears on the
'Stage Connections' page.

The CW and CCW limits are listed backwards in the table.  The correction is to
interchange the way pins 11 and 12 at the Joerger connector are passed to pins
W and X at the Elco.  This should be accomplished by making changes at the
Joerger side.

in other words:
Function              Joerger               Elco
CW (+) Limit        12 (gray)           W (green)
CCW (-) Limit       11 (white)          X (blue)

If you flip the wires at the Elco side (which is electrically equivalent), the
motor will run and hit limits correctly, but the color coding will no longer
be standard for the Elco side when compared to any other cable.

This should be done in any printed copies of the tables you are working from
right now, as well as on actual cables that have been assembled incorrectly.

I have updated the Microsoft Word listing I keep as a master, and expect that
the web page can be corrected shortly.

Thanks Mark, and sorry for the error, everybody.