Beamline Filters

Hi,

Those of you who are using or planning to use the APS-designed beamline
filters should know that these assemblies are equipped with limit switches
that have a contact rating of 2mA at 15V.  Some of the CATs have discovered
that their PLC optical inputs that look at these switches need much more
current to drive the input's LED.

I have designed a DIN-rail module that takes care of this problem.

There is a technical note on the web that describes our solution in more
detail. The link is in -
http://www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/WWW/xfd/bcda/People/goetze/docs.html

The document is in postscript.  If you're having any trouble getting or
printing it, let me know and I'll send a copy of it to you.  If you think
you're going to need any of these modules, please let me know.

Kurt Goetze
XFD Beamline Controls

goetze@aps.anl.gov