Re: motor JOGF and JOGR behavior

 Testing a motor today and noticed some unexpected behavior
 with the JOGF and JOGR features.

 For example, when I push the JOGF button in the MEDM motor tool, the
 motor runs CW (in the direction I expect it to run).  When I release
 the JOGF button, the motor runs, temporarily, in the CCW direction with
 a different speed (maybe backlash speed), and THEN, takes out the
 backlash in the CW direction.

 When I push the JOGR button in the MEDM motor tool, the motor runs
 CCW.  When I release the JOGR button, the motor continues, temporarily,
 in the CCW direction with a different speed (maybe backlash speed), and
 THEN, takes out the backlash in the CW direction.

 Is this short stint in the CCW direction done so that the motor will
 stop at the value at which I released the JOGx button,
 with backlash corrected?  Hmmm...

Pete Jemian@anl.gov
UNICAT