Re: MVME712M replacement

The 'doodle' card can be used with both the 167 and the 162. The 2nd serial port
has to be used - selected by a jumper on the card. Ethernet is the same
connection.

	I have also designed an interface for the 162's industry packs. The
interface consists of 1 VME card that resides next to the 162, and a single VMe
card that can be installed in the front or rear of the IOC. The card that
resides next to the 162 is a universal adapter card that takes the 50 pin ribbon
connectors from the card(4) and brings them to P2. The first and so far the only
card that I've done is the RS232 card that is able to communicate with the
dual,quad, and octal serial industry pack card on the 162. - One card can handle
any configuration(dual,quad,octal). 2 types - Fiber and DB9. The fiber has 8
pairs (Rx and Tx) on a single-wide front or rear VME card. No handshaking. The
2nd in on a double wide VME card has 8 DB9's - with handshaking. This interface
eliminates the bothersome bundle of cable at the front of the racks.

	Both the electrical and fiber version are cabled to the univ adapter
card that resides next to the 162 via P2.

	Rich