V/F converters

At the last Beamline Controls meeting, I was asked to round up orders for
Nova V/F converters, so we can get the best possible quantity discount.
A description of this V/F converter is available online at
http://www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/WWW/xfd/bcda/documents/bcda_hardware.html

Here's how the quantity discount works: We give Nova the total number
of units we expect them to receive orders for, and the date by which we
expect them to receive those orders.  If they have received the number
we told them to expect, they begin fabrication.  If they do not receive
enough orders to give us the quantity discount we were hoping for, they
notify us, and we either rescind the orders or accept a higher price.
I told Nova we'd try to get all orders in by May 20.

Nova is willing to give us the quantity-25 price ($1895 ea) if we can
come up with orders for 16 units, and I'm confident we can get to that
number.

If you'd like to be involved in this purchase, please respond either to
the list or to me with the number of units you plan to order, and the
date by which you can get that order to Nova.

Tim Mooney