Re: OMS firmware problems

Mark Rivers wrote...

> I received an OMS-58 motor controller about a month ago, which contained V1.4
> firmware.  The board does not work if there are any other boards in the VME
> crate.  Joe Sullivan tells me that he has informed OMS of this problem, but
> apparently they shipped that version anyway. Pete Jemian also received OMS-58s
> with V1.4 firmware at about the same time.

> Joe Sullivan says that V1.3 firmware works.  OMS is now up to version V1.7.
> I thus asked OMS to send me V1.3 AND V1.7 ROMs, which they did.  I have
> installed V1.7, and they seem to fix the problem I was having with V1.4.

I discovered a bug with the OMS-VME58 V1.7 firmware while testing a 8
motor board in a mupac crate controlled by a mvme167 processor. The bug
causes the ioc to hang during iocInit when vxWorks is rebooted using the
ctrl-x command.

I double-checked V1.3, it does not have this problem.

OMS is aware of the V1.7 bug and will send me any fixes for testing.

Joe Sullivan
APS/XFD
BCDA Group