RE: step-motor controller/driver connection

John Tischler writes:

> If those spring latches are the same kind of connector as used on the
> standard ethernet transceiver cable, then I am against them.  They were
> used for the trnasceiver cables for the same reason that are given here (no
> more dinky screws, loosing dinky screws, ...).  However they are not very
> strong, so that you loose reliability.  I even once heard someone say
> something like 'I was the guy who first suggested that connector, and if I
> had known how bad they are I would have gone with the regular screw kind.'

The spring latches are not at all the same.  (I hate that AUI connector too.)
The spring latches I mentioned are just like those on a parallel Centronics
printer cable.

I don't think we'll be able to get eight DB-25's on a VME transition board with
space for the spring latches, so it looks like thumbscrew backshells are the
best bet.

Tim