Re: Warning - problem with OMS VME-8 motor controllers

Re...

> > Tim Mooney and I have found that the latest batch of Oregon Micro Systems
> > VME8-8 motor controllers hang the entire VME crate. This is true of 4 out of 5
> > boards, so is likely a design problem, not an isolated failure.
> >
> > OMS does tests at the factory, but the problem may be that they have not
> > tested them with the MV167 CPU boards we use. It may be a timing problem.
> >
> > The problem is under investigation. Users would be well advised not to order
> > any new VME8 boards until the problem is resolved.
> >

> Oregon Micro Systems says they have solution in hand for this problem.
>
> Five copies of the latest revision to a VME Bus logic PAL is being shipped to
> ANL tonight and we should be able have them tested by friday.

The PALs finally arrived and they did fix the problem that Mark Rivers found
in the latest batch of VME8 boards. The PAL is labeled 'BUS4G B' and replaces
'BUS4G A' in socket U37. 'BUS4G B' is being installed in all newly produced
boards.

	Joe