Re: Warning - problem with OMS VME-8 motor controllers

Thanks for the warning - here at the Gemini Telescopes Project we had defined
our standard SMC as the VME8-8 and of course we are using the MV167.

BTW, the discussions on this listserv are usually fairly relevant to our project:
	o the development of our telescope control and detector control
	  subsystems are being done at multiple distributed sites
	o most of these sites are doing EPICS applications work for the
	  first time
	o we have many host CA clients - expect to see alot of tcl/TK and
	  PvWave at our site - this includes high level sequencers that
	  orchestrate the telescope, detectors, and data handling/reduction
	  systems
	o our control system requirements are really close (for what I can
	  tell from the Beamline Controls doc)

Peregrine