Logging Systems

We have a requirement to produce nightly logs of all information that is relevant
to specific science programs.

The log has to contain the following _timestamped_ pieces:
	1a) Telescope configuration data
	1b) Detector configuration data
	1c) Environmental data

	2) High level sequencing info - like Observer Name, Source Name

	3) Random user comments of arbitrary length

Data types 1abc) are all easily gotten from CA can so can be treated with a
straight AR or AR_cmd task.

Data type 2) would live in a host database _if such a thing existed_.

Data type 3) has to be free form.

Does anyone else have a similar for run/experiment configuration/status logging?
We don't see all of this being handled by AR - in fact most of this would be
from yet another Tcl application. We are also looking at providing this data
in a form usable by a commerical database such as SYBASE.

Peregrine