Re: Diffraction Issues ...

    Karen,

A minor point, but for the sake of accuracy, I would like to comment on your
comments:

KC> The EPICS sequencer program might be quite well-suited to more complicated
KC> control functions such as performing a (theta-two-theta) scan.  I believe
KC> that a library of 'diffraction activities' could be defined and implemented
KC> in a sophisticated and easy to use manner, by building on (and improving)
KC> some of the tools that are already in EPICS, rather than re-inventing the
KC> wheel.  I think Mark Rivers has demonstrated how straightforward it is to
KC> do scans in IDL thru the EPICS channel access library for IDL.

The scans that Mark Rivers and I demonstrated in an IDL procedure primarily
used the intelligence and control of IDL, not EPICS.  Just a couple of records
were in fact used.  For a time critical application, much more of the
application should run in the crate.  My guess is that a sequencer program or
scan records (or some such concept) will be required.

                                   --Harvey