APS spec license

A belated announcement:

The APS has obtained a limited site license for spec.

The scope of the site license includes APS facilities as follows:

   Beamline experimental stations on the synchrotron floor,
   conventional X-ray source experimental stations in the
   lab/office modules adjacent to the floor or in the adjacent
   APS central lab/office building, office computers in the
   APS buildings when use of the software is for developing
   utilities and procedures for operating the software on the
   experimental stations or for analyzing the data collected
   on the experimental stations.

   The site license will not apply to off-site installation,
   to installations on portable computers for use off site,
   or to the software's use as a general data acquisition
   (non X-ray) package beyond such use on the beamline floor
   or the adjacent lab/office modules.

   The duration of the agreement is four years, beginning
   April 1, 2003.

   The site license is limited to 75 'seats'.

Currently, folks interested in getting a copy for a new installation
or an update should contact me directly (see below).  Please let
me know the UNIX/Linux distribution you have, as in Red Hat 9.0,
Solaris 2.8, etc.  If using Solaris, please indicate whether your
default compiler is the Sun C compiler or gcc.  If using UNIX platforms
other than Linux or Sun, please check with me for spec availability.

     Gerry Swislow
     Certified Scientific Software
     PO Box 390640
     Cambridge, MA  02139-0007