Re: autosave/restore software fails

Dear folks,

I've posted a new 3.13-compatible version of autoSaveRestore on our web page.

www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/SoftDist/swBCDA/autoSaveRestore_3.13.5_v2.9a.tar.gz

www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/SoftDist/swBCDA/autoSaveRestore_3.13.5_v2.9a.README

This version fixes two captured-semaphore problems, and has other minor
improvements, but it doesn't fix all the problems unearthed in the recent
site-wide power failure experienced at APS.  Not all of the performance
data is in hand, but anyway the systems that fared best were those in which
autosave was writing to a UPS-protected file server.  I don't know of any
power-failure-related failures for these systems.  For non-UPS-protected
systems, failure rates as high as 80% were reported.

--
Tim Mooney (mooney@aps.anl.gov; 630-252-5417)
Advanced Photon Source