Re: spec Channel Access calls timeout

re...,

Pete R Jemian wrote:

> We've seen these spec timeout messages for
> several years now.  Got Gerry to add a command,
> for users to call at their discretion,
> to set a different timeout for each EPICS PV,
> in addition to the default timeout for all PVs.
> Tried this with some really long timeouts.
> This did not solve all our transient timeout issues.

If long timeouts don't make the problem go way, then my first
guess would be that messages are being discarded.  It would be
nice to know whether this is happening on the server side or on
the client side.  If server side, I think CA should be writing error
messages to the console, and you wrote some software to store
console output to files, right?  If there's no telltale in your
files, then maybe the messages are being discarded on the client
side.

Tim