Re: BESSRC experience with Spec/Epics

On 11/19/02 11:30 PM, 'Tim Mooney' <mooney@aps.anl.gov> wrote:

> Can you tell me how to make the problems happen on purpose, so I can try
> collect some data on them?

I don't know any easy way to make it happen on purpose...

It seems to happen about once a week and may be more likely if you have many
epics motors and other epics devices configured in spec.  It usually happens
when leaving the config screen (or when calling the reconfig macro
explicitly.   Often, if you get a failure for a particular PV on a motor,
and then immediately call reconfig again, you'll see a failure on another PV
on the same motor, or a 'nearby' motor.    However, on all the times that I
tried to reproduce the problem explicitly, by writing a loop macro that
calls reconfig repeatedly, then it didn't manifest itself.  Perhaps if such
a macro were left running for a week or so?

Guy