Re: Beamline controls meeting

re...,

> Tuesday 4/16 is the most popular date by far.  Let's start at 10:00.
> Now we need an agenda.  Here's a start:
>
> 1) CAT representatives talk about where they're at, what they need,
>    what they have to share, etc.  John Quintana also summarizes
>    replies to his recent email about who's using what software to do
>    what.
>
> 2) Mark Rivers describes his new software.
>
> 3) BCDA-group members describe what's new in synApps and related
>    software.
>
> 4) We all discuss how APS software-related groups should support
>    BES and non-BES CATs.

More replies have come in, and 4/15, 4/16, and 4/17 would all exclude
at least one person.  Will 4/18 or 4/19 work for everyone?

(If you did not receive earlier messages about this meeting, your email
address is not in the beamline_controls email list, and I'm writing to
you because I don't know who else in your CAT should receive this
invitation.  If you'd like your email address to be in the
beamline_controls list, send a blank message to listserv@aps.anl.gov,
and you'll receive an automated reply describing how to join the
various APS email lists -- or just tell me what you want and I'll do it
for you.)

In addition to previous agenda items, Bill Lavender has offered to
describe MX, a beamline-control package that runs several beamlines
here.

If all 27 existing and prospective CATs send a representative
and all of you describe the state of your software, there's the
possibility of a very long meeting.  That would be fine with me, but
some of you probably do actual work occasionally and can't spend all
day on this.  If so, speak up and suggest a time length that will work
for you.  Perhaps we should schedule only item (1) in the morning, and
start the rest of the agenda after lunch -- regardless of how long or
short item (1) becomes.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Tim Mooney (mooney@aps.anl.gov) (630)252-5417
Beamline Controls & Data Acquisition Group
Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Lab.