Re: Software for fill-on-fill injection

Bill Lavender wrote:

> Well, Linda Devito sent out a mail message on Friday to a bunch of people
> which contained most of this information.  I looked at the list of recipients
> for that message and for some reason your name wasn't on the list, so
> here is a copy:
>
> > As a reminder, the following are the PV=92s related to top-up:
> > S:TopUpCurrent   - Amount of Top Up current
> > S:TopUpTime  - Time of Last Injection
> > S:MSLT:longTopOffGateBI  - The Injection Gate Pulse
> > S:TopUpInterval - Time between Injections
>
> I've just checked these PVs and they do seem to exist.

My message related not to top-up mode, but to normal fill-on-fill operations.
You are correct that the PVs listed above exist, however their values seem to
be meaningless during normal operations.  For example, right now:
S:TopUpCurrent = 0.26746392
S:TopUpTime  = Feb 27, 2000 11:33:24
S:TopUpInterval =  1.0000000

The time of the last injection is correct.  However, what does
S:TopUpCurrent = .267 mean?  They injected 100 mA during the last fill.  What
does TopUpInterval = 1.00 mean?  They are not topping up, and it is certainly
not the estimated time to the next injection.

From the above PVs I cannot get the information I want:
- Accurate prediction of the time of the next fill-on-fill injection so I
  can stop taking data just before it occurs.

Is the TopUpTime the time when the injection was begun or finished?  Is it
guaranteed to be accurate to a few seconds?

Mark