GNU make version 3.77 (problem with wildcards)

--Drift_of_Hogs_035_000
Content-MD5: 8ss2tHUhyTF1aKBswIxqaQ==

To: bug-make@gnu.org
Cc: 'Janet Anderson (E-mail)' <jba@aps.anl.gov>, 'Bakul Banerjee (E-mail)'
<banerjee@aps.anl.gov>, 'Tim Mooney (E-mail)' <mooney@aps.anl.gov>
Subject: GNU make version 3.77 (problem with wildcards)

I am running Gnu make version 3.77 on a SPARC 5 under Solaris 7 (i.e.
sunos 2.7).

Gnumake version 3.77 no longer support wild cards.

Gnu make version 3.74 works great with wildcards.

Please use the following Makefile to demonstrate this bug.

Use Gnu make version 3.74 on the Makefile. Next run Gnu make versiion
3.77 on the
Makefile.

Now compare the results and note that Gnu make version 3.77 is missing
wildcard
support.

 <<Makefile>>

I would like to thank Janet Anderson at the APS for
helping me detect this bug in Gnu make version 3.77

Thanks,
Ernest L. Williams Jr.
MHATT-CAT
Advanced Photon Source