Re: Reply to Ben Ocko re: pseudomotors

> Much much simpler,  in sequence programming (SNL)  as opposed to database
> programming. Offcourse, Tim may disagree with that statement.<g>.

Yes, the state notation language does appear to be a much simpler solution
than database programming.  The main reasons I haven't gone that route are
that with MX I can test most of my pseudomotor code offline without any
hardware and that MX doesn't require inserting a VME crate somewhere that
doesn't really need one.  However, I have actually considered the possibility
of using an SNL program talking across the network to my server as an
alternative to the portable channel access server idea I mentioned before.

Bill Lavender
Illinois Institute of Technology/IMCA-CAT/MRCAT
lavender@sparky.csrri.iit.edu
Phone: +1-630-252-0523,  Fax: +1-630-252-0521