Upgrade to VxWorks 5.3 for EPICS

Hi folks,

As EPICS software migrates towards Tornado (VxWorks 5.3 +
tools), it is
probably a good time to think about upgrading the VxWorks
license from
5.2 to 5.3.  In addition, there are security problems in 5.2
that are
fixed in 5.3.  Most of our CAT members bought their licenses
from XFD.
We have been negotiating with WindRiver regional office for
a fair
price of a collective upgrade of 13 different licenses. The
approximate
price for the upgrade of each of the VxWorks 5.2 license to
Tornado for
existing architectures is as follows:

Reinstatement of expired maintenance contract, 3 years
overdue on
9/24/1998
= $1850.00
Maintenance contract for the first year beginning 9/24/98
= $650.00
Total
= $2500.00

Additional yearly maintenance fee will be necessary later to
keep your
license up-to-date. Along with this upgrade, you will be
able to obtain
all EPICS specific software patches for Tornado from us as
well.

If you are willing to upgrade your VxWorks 5.2 license now,
please send
me a e-mail before August 4 with a copy to Tim Mooney.

--
Bakul Banerjee
Tel:  +1 630 252 4368