Re: clock module for my scaler

Pete, re...

> Seems like the 10 MHz clock signal on the Joerger VSC8 scaler
> is a bit too fast for some of our work.  It limits
> count times to about 3.5 minutes (214.748 sec = 2^31 / 1E7).
> Do you know of a NIM module that will supply lower frequency
> signals for gating our scalers?   100 kHz is optimal.
> Or maybe a divide by 10^n module?

The Nova V/F converter (NIM module) puts out a 1 MHz clock, and if you happen
to be using this module for V/F conversion, it is a little more accurate to
use the 1MHz clock anyway because it's synchronized with the clock used in the
V/F conversion.

Also, I think Ned Arnold long ago figured out a way to use the Mizar counter
timer (VME module) as a programmable divide by N (for N greater than 1, if I
remember correctly).  If you're interested in reviving this software and don't
have a Mizar handy, we have lots of them.

Tim