RE: Standard coordinate system

one reason we prefer the system that is in use now for SRI CAT, is that
when making an image by rastering a sample thru the beam in the plane of
its own surface, the typical X & Y axes in a image display can correlate
to the motor names for the sample motion in a simple way.

| Dan Legnini                                 legnini@aps.anl.gov |

| Advanced Photon Source- 431B                                    |
| Argonne National Lab                                            |
| 9700 S Cass Avenue                          voice: 630 252-5071 |
| Argonne, IL  60439                            fax: 630 252-0161 |