multidimensional-scan bug

Dear folks,

I just discovered a rather obvious, but nevertheless long-standing, bug in the
xfdApp multidimensional-scan software.

If a 1-d scan record has its .PASM field (positioner after-scan mode, the field
called 'AFTER SCAN' on the scan display) set to 'Start Pos' or 'Prior Pos', the
positioner motion that occurs after a 1-d scan has finished can be
misinterpreted as having to do with the 2-d scan that triggered the 1-d scan.

The effect of this bug depends on when the after-scan motion begins and
completes, and can be anything from ignorable to very bad.

I recommend you set all .PASM fields to 'Stay' if you might be doing
multidimensional scans.

Tim Mooney