EPICS device support developments

    Folks,

I have been working on a number of device support routines in EPICS recently
which people may be interested in.

1) I have completed device support for the Newport MM4000 motor controller for
   the xfdApp motor record.  This means that you can treat motors connected to
   the MM4000 (stepping motors or DC motors) exactly as you treat motors
   connected to an OMS controller.  The software supports both GPIB and
   Hideos RS-232 interfaces to the MM4000.  I will be finishing the
   documentation and packaging it on the Web soon.  Meanwhile if you are
   interested just drop me a line.

2) I have ordered several of the Struck STR7201 Multiscalers which are
   distributed through LeCroy.  These are 32 channel input scalers with a
   FIFO. They can be run as multichannel scalers, with up to 32 inputs
   each counting at up to 200 MHz with minimum dwell times of about 1
   microsecond.  I have written device support for the MCA record, and will be
   testing it when I receive the modules next week.

3) I am rewriting the AIM device support for the MCA record to support
   multiple records per ADC input.  This will allow use of the Canberra
   multiplexors which route several inputs into one ADC.  It will also permit
   time resolved spectroscopy, where acquisition can be rapidly changed from
   one region of AIM memory to the next.

                                   Mark Rivers