Re: EPICS 3.13 application software distribution

re...

> I've finally put some promised EPICS R3.13-compatible application
> software in the EPICS Software Distribution's custom software section
> http://www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/WWW/xfd/SoftDist/Welcome.html#Custom_EPICS
> There are two versions of the tar file: an unprotected file
> 	xfdApp_R3.13.0.beta7_unbuilt.tar.gz
> and a password-protected file
> 	xfdApp_R3.13.0.beta7.tar.gz

There are a few bugs in this distribution:

1) Scans hang during the first data point because in the database
'$(SHARE)/stdApp/Db/scan_3.1.db', the record that waits for
detectors to finish is wrongly configured:

grecord(wait,'$(P)Dwait_detectors') {
	field(DESC,'1 = detectors done')
	field(CALC,'(A)=0')
}

...should be...

grecord(wait,'$(P)Dwait_detectors') {
	field(DESC,'0 = detectors done')
	field(CALC,'A')
}

2) changePrefix313 works only on *unbuilt* directories.  In the prebuilt
directory 'xxx', PV-name prefixes currently have to be changed by hand.

3) The prebuilt Hideos IP-Octal serial support can't handle 300-baud.
(Nor can any hideos distribution I know of.  Joe Sullivan and Kurt Goetze
fixed our copy of Hideos.)

I'm not going to make a practice of cluttering up tech-talk with this
kind of detail.  From now on, patch information for the xfdApp
distribution will normally be posted only to the 'beamline_controls'
email exploder, and periodically collected on the web page.

Tim Mooney
Beamline Controls & Data Acquisition
Advanced Photon Source