Re: HiDEOS support

Tim Mooney wrote:

> Pete, re...
>
> > Ok, looks like CARS, SBC-CAT, SRI-CAT, & UNICAT have all
> > owned up to using HiDEOS.
> >
> > So what happens to HiDEOS support when
> > Jim Kowalkowski has gone away?
> >
> > Pete Jemian
> > UNICAT
>
> Well I understand Jim's going to Lucent Technologies, and I'm guessing
> that means MHATT-CAT's going to support hideos.  (For the org-chart
> challenged, MHATT stands for Univ. Mich., Howard Univ, and Lucent
> Tech.--nee AT&T.)
>
> What say, Earnest?  Wanna job?
>
> But seriously, what happens is we coast for a while on existing
> software until new people come up to speed.
>
> Tim Mooney

FYI,

The controls group has no intention of abandoning HIDEOS.
Jim had arranged for someone on the facility at IIT to work
this summer rewriting parts of HIDEOS he wants to see
improved. This will still happen even though Jim is leaving.
In addition I plan on studing the code and going over it with Jim
before he leaves. If others want to get involved let me know.
We consider HIDEOS an important product and will not let it die.

It does mean that for the next few months we will have to coast
on existing software. Since it is working I hope this does not cause
anyone major problems.

Marty Kraimer