Draft agenda for tommorrow's beamline controls meeting

              Beamline Controls and Data Acquisition Committee
                          January 14, 1997, 1:30 PM
                          Building 401, Room B3100

                              Tentative Agenda

Beamline Controls Group activities: Tim Mooney and others

Update on EPICS R3.13:  Marty Kraimer

Reports on CAT control and data acquisition activities
    MCA Developments in CARS - Mark Rivers
    Others

Group response to Bob Dalesio's list (copy attached) of EPICS-development
plans.  Wish list for beamline-controls software.

Do we want to have a beamline-controls workshop this spring/summer?

Web-based documentation for medm displays: Tim Mooney

Discussion of possibilities for Web-based beamline-control displays.

          Bob Delesio's List of Possible Future EPICS Developments

Archiver:
---------
Buffer Server -> CAC ->	Frequency -> S/C -> 	Java Viewer
Vectors		 CDEV	Monitor			XARR
Arrays			Save Set		SDDS
			Scope			PC?
Config Tool for data taking engines

Pentium Drivers in the Pentium IOC:
-----------------------------------
Industry Pack
Fire Wire
Allen-Bradley
Modbus

Online Add/Delete
-----------------
Drivers
Device Support
Record Types
Record Instances

PC Visualization
----------------
MEDM/DM Merge - then port
Rewrite
Use something commercial
Archive data viewing and analysis

Portable CAS connected to the database
--------------------------------------
Must precede any CA protocol changes

CAV4
----
Large Array Support
Protocol Compression
Client to call server directly
-Name server / name cache

Redundancy
Does anyone need this -
To what extent do we make things redundant

Support multiple O/S - NT/VMS/Unix etc....
Put Makefile.Host into release
Do we need to improve install procedures

Portable expression evaluator
Ability to create expression with a server that run on
any OS