Demonstration of Software Developers Kit Monday 10/14

On Monday at 10 am and 2 pm there will be a demonstration of SDK, the
Software Developers Kit, by Molecular Simulations Inc.

MSI has as it main products modelling codes for materials science and the
life sciences, and the SDK is a toolkit provided by MSI to integrate
applications into the Cerius suite.

As I understand SDK (find out more on Monday !) it provides a set of tools
and ways of allowing user developed codes to be combined into the Cerius
GUI while also accessing the functionality of Cerius, the MSI modelling
product.

While this is not of interest to non-materials scientists, I think there
are a number of modules and mathematical codes which become available.  An
example is the 3-D Visualiser modle which can then be used to display
3-D objects.  Could this be used to provide a visual interface to, for
example, Shadow ? Another benefit unrelated to Cerius could be access to
a consistent way of sharing data between applications etc.

In any case, come if you feel that there may be something useful in the
SDK, or perhaps there is something to learn from the strategy employed
by MSI.

Frans Trouw
IPNS, ANL