Software Distribution

To EPICS Users,

The EPICS Software Distribution Home Page is now available at the following location:

http://www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/WWW/xfd/SoftDist/Welcome.html

It is under the APS EPICS  homepage and replaces  the item called Statically Linked Extensions.

Regarding the access protection, some users may not be sure of their status and the necessary access information needed.  If you have signed the EPICS agreement, we can fix that problem easily.  Please note that each organization should get a single set of group license, group id and group password.  The licensing process should be managed by only one contact person from the organization.

Please send me your feedback, particularly, regarding the level of protections placed and possible inaccuracies.

Bakul Banerjee