ZIP 100

John,
I have been looking into these zip drives, and we are currently testing one,
and have 2 on order.
As for the Design Exchange, we are considering CD Rom's as an avenue for
distribution of the released drawings. I have a writeable CD unit, costwise
about $2000, but the CD's are only ~$20 each in units of 10. CD's hold ~670MB
of data, so we should be O.K. for a while to come.
We would not have to worry about compressing the data, and it would be in a
useable format straight from the CD.
I have experimented with the Bernoulli Transportable 150 and the Sun Workstation
and it does not seem to recognize it. I don't know if the Zip would be
recognized or not, I would have to assume not. Talking to Sun, They said talk toIomega about compatibility software, and talking to Iomega, they said talk to
Sun.
It is certainly worth the price to have a few of these Zip drives around for
general purpose use, but I believe the CD is more accepted as a necessity these
days, as you can hardly find a PC compatable offered without one.
Thanks for the info,
John Wammack