Re: Cheaper PLCs

> Does anyone have any experience with PLCs made by Koyo?  Koyo is
> represented in the US by a company called PLC Direct, 800-633-0405.
> The catalog seems to be quite informative.
>
> They seem to have some components that are plug-in replacements for
> items in the Siemens line and claimed to be about half the cost.  My
> comparison:  A 4-channel, +/- 10 VDC Analog Voltage input module lists
> with PLC Direct for about half the cost of a comparable item in the GE
> Fanuc Series 90-30 line.

I was recently handed their catalog - which is the first time I've heard
of them. ARe they for real? We have concerns about reliability and lifetime -
first light isn't til late '99.

Although switching from PLC-5s to SLC-5/03s dropped my hardware costs ~10K$
for our Interlock System which was 'good enough'.

Aloha,

Peregrine