Re: VxWorks licensing

Karen, re...

> I've seen in Bob Dalesio's postings on VxWorks licensing in the past
> few months, that APS/XFD is listed for buying 10 developers licenses
> at $5k each.  I thought that APS had worked out $2300 'single-user'
> licenses for the CATs, which is obviously much cheaper.

That's right

> Are the $2300 licenses going away?

No

> Do we now have to pay $5000 and do we have to do this by the end of October?

No

> ...  Could you clarify this on the listserver?

APS purchased 10 single-user development licenses for VxWorks for
$2300 ea..  Most of these have been loaned out to CAT developers, and we
expect those developers eventually to purchase the licenses they're now
using from us for $2300 ea.

The representative through whom we worked to get this deal is no longer
employed by Wind River Systems, so it's unlikely we'll be able to get
more licenses at the same price.

I told Bob there would 'probably be demand for around 10 more licenses
from APS-affiliated sites in the next two years', expecting phase-two
beamlines, and phase-one CATs who haven't yet begun software development
to generate this demand.  These are the 10 APS licenses Bob mentioned.

Tim Mooney