Diffraction Program and Data Standards

During the last Beamline Meeting, I mentioned that UNI-CAT and DND-CAT are
beginning to collaborate on a diffraction program with the front end
provided by TCL/TK.  A fall back program would be super with TCL/TK
built in which would be done with Robert Fleming.  Now that people have
had a week to mull this over in the back of their minds, I was just wondering
if other groups would be willing to participate in this effort and/or
would like to use the results of this collaborations on their beamlines.

(BTW, The TCL/TK approach may go a long way to satisfing the 'rental car'
 analogy given by Dave Moncton at the Beamline Workshop since the ESRF
 is building it onto SPEC as well)

Also, I personally thought that Jon Tischler's proposed Data Format standard
provides an excellent framework for storing diffraction data.  I think
that there could be a few more optional fields (such as a checksum field,
etc...), but the standard allows for those things.  Has anyone else had
a chance to look at Jon's standard?

- John
--
John Quintana                          Internet email: jpq@nwu.edu
DND-CAT Synchrotron Research Center    Voice Phone: (708) 252-0223