Re: Diffraction Issues ...

>>I don't think the number of letters in command names is particularly
>>relevant.  The problem is that current command-line driven programs
>>require the user to know too many commands.  We should offload as many'
>>functions onto EPICS (e.g., use EPICS/medm to set motor parameters).

 1) What is relevant is that commands should be intuitive.  For example,
 a single command 'scan' (instead of hscan, hkscan, etc.) as described
 previously, is intuitive and offers a reduced command set.

 2) Any and every functional capability must be considered as fair
 game for a 'script' (i.e. an automated experiment or procedure).
 Pushing capabilities off to EPICS/medm may reinforce the political
 viability of EPICS, but it guts the capabilities of the system.

  M.C.N.