Wish list

Since DND-CAT has moved on to the experimental floor of the APS, I have
been asked by some of the networking folks here to come up with a
'wish list' of things that I need/would like them to provide.
Since this effects the entire community, I'd appreciate any feedback
before I send it on.

Things definitely required:

1) Domain name service as well as a consistent provision for determining
   new domain names for the CATS if they wish to use NIS.  Currently,
   we don't have the option of using NIS since we are part of the
   aps.anl.gov domain.   (e.g. dnd.anl.gov).   For us this isn't a problem
   but it will quickly become a concern.

2) Access to Argonne software that is available to/required by the CATS such
   as the EPICS directories, /usr/local/bin, X11R5, etc...  via NFS mounting
   for APS 'supported' systems such as SUN.

Things almost on the required list but can get by without for the immediate
future:

1) Access to the mbone for teleconferencing.

2) A central disk server where CATS can purchase and have their
   own disks installed.

3) Centralized backup services.

4) Access to shared resources such as a modem pool for dialin and a writable
   CDROM for archival purposes.

While the above is included in Bill McDowell's presentation at the controls
workshop, I thought I would remention them since these will satisfy our
immediate needs.

- JQ