Re: OMS-StepPak Transition Boar

from 'Guy Jennings' <guy_jennings1@qmgate.anl.gov>
>With regard to Mark's suggestions -
>
>The 1uF capacitors sound like a good idea - we'd have done that anyway - one
>suggestion is that we might get away with 0.1uF caps instead and could
>therefore use non-polarized ones which might be more robust.

When I added a filter to the limit switches on my StepPaks, I used a low
pass filter which included a resistor.  So once you select your capacitor,
just include a resistor to get the desired time constant.  If you don't
include your own resistor, then you are just using the output impedance of
the power supply to set your time constant.

Jon Tischler                                        Solid State Division
ORNL, Bldg 3025, MS-6030    internet  zzt@ornl.gov  	TEL  (615) 574-6505
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6030    bitnet    zzt@ornlstc   	FAX  (615) 574-4143